According to the latest stats, one in 14 UK adults feels stressed every day, and only seven per cent of young adults report never feeling overwhelmed due to stress.
One study claims 74% of people feel so stressed they have been overwhelmed or unable to cope.
These stats are scary, so I’ve pulled together 10 tips – or reminders – to help you get some perspective in tough times, shift your state or create good habits to support your mental and emotional health.
Even if just one of these hits home with you, that’s a win, right?
Here we go:
- Remember, this situation will not last forever.
- Also remember that you have a 100% success rate at surviving tough times. And…
- You will learn from this.
- There’s no such thing as the wrong path – it’s just a different route. You’ve been diverted for a reason.
- Find something to laugh about. Anything. Fun’s far more expansive than fear.
- Be kind to yourself. We all need that. You deserve that.
- Other people’s negativity is just that. Theirs. It’s nothing to do with you.
- The twin powers of self-belief and determination will get you through pretty much anything. Pick ’em up – they’re yours to use whenever you want.
- Remember to be in gratitude – name five things you appreciate, right now.
- You have the power to retrain your mind, your emotions and your outlook. Those five things you appreciate… name a new five every morning. It’s a start!
What would you add to the list?
Which tip resonated with you most?
Until next time,